Thursday, December 15, 2016

pitch bowl

I want to try repousse so I got a pitch bowl and some pitch recently.  I've never done it before, except to play around with it a little in grad school.  I never had much interest in it before and the pitch looked messy and I didn't want to deal with it.

I saw some pieces in Japan that I really liked and the kind of got me interested in trying it.  I am also looking to go in a new direction with my work.  After being away from the studio and not making anything for about 5 years I didn't want to go right back to making the same things I had been making before I went to Korea.

This is the 6 3/4" pitch bowl from Rio.  I melted about 4 or 5 lbs of lead in the bottom of it to give it some weight before adding the pitch.  The pitch is from Northwest Pitchworks.



No comments: